Friday, August 26, 2011

Scrapbook Friday: Late night scrapbook love

You'll have to excuse the late night photos as I prepare this Friday page for you.

It's a formula.
2 photos + whole sheet of patterned paper background + something at an angle or offset to make it interesting = a page that could be really similar to last week's but is somehow quite different.


My favourite thing about this layout (apart from Mindy, of course) is the luggage tag.
Just an ordinary tag (you could even cut one from plain card) and these journalling block stamps.

Stamp twice across the tag to make it look like horizontal ledger paper. I'll be honest here, I tried masking off the edges so I didn't get the double line in the middle...and it didn't work. I couldn't line them up straight. So I decided to embrace it instead, and actually I think it looks fine.

Then I used a brush and some acrylic paint to edge it, and tie in with the paint block behind my title. A few extra embellishments from my collection, and it's done.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...