Thursday, November 18, 2010

One stamp, two styles

one stamp, two styles

I love stamping, but I'm always on the lookout for ways to make my images look different. I thought I'd use the same stamps I made this card with to show you how to achieve two very different looks.

closeup - stazon on mirror card

Here, I've used the Christmas tree from the set and stamped it on mirri card using Stazon ink. You need to stamp carefully because the smooth surface of the card can cause the stamp to slide - place it on, press down and lift off straight to get a clean impression. It dries really quickly, and then I used Stickles glitter glue to create neat baubles. The greeting was stamped and embossed in blue - not a traditional Christmas colour but it contrasts nicely with the red on the tree.


closeup - copper embossing powder on brown

For the second card, I stamped the tree onto brown cardstock and embossed it using copper embossing powder. It has a much more rustic feel and catches the light nicely. I stamped the greeting on to a piece of paper from an old book to add to the vintage feel. String or raffia would have made a nice bow as well, but I settled for a neutral ribbon as that's what I had in my stash.

There you have it - two different styles using the same stamp. Happy crafting!

K x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...